Vegan Mexican Fajita Rice Skillet w/ Sweet Earth Traditional Seitan
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total: Under an Hour
• 1 to 1-1/2 cups prepared rice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 8oz. Pkg. Sweet Earth Traditional Seitan Strips
• salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 red, yellow, or green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips OR you can use a combination of all 3, amounting to about 3 cups of pepper strips.
• 1 small yellow onion, sliced
• 1/2 cup salsa
• 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheddar cheese ( we prefer #EarthBalance )
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• cilantro or parsley for garnish
• vegan sour cream – optional (we prefer #Tofutti)
- Cook rice and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Season seitan strips with salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Add to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions; continue to cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and salsa to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir until well combined. Stir in lime juice.
- Top with cilantro or parsley and vegan cheese.
- Serve as is or top with sour cream. #Enjoy