Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total: 30 Minutes
For the Coconut Curry Sauce:
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 TBSP fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 TBSP Thai red curry paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP vegan Worcestershire sauce
For the Bowls:
- 6 oz rice noodle
- 2 oz Sweet Earth Curry Seitan ground
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 cup snow peas, blanched
- 1 lime
- Sliced red onion, red Fresno pepper, scallions and cilantro for garnish
- In a medium pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and sauté the shallot, garlic, ginger and curry paste for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk and bring the broth to a boil. Add the brown sugar, soy sauce and vegan Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes while you prepare for noodle. The broth will thicken slightly.
- Soak the noodle in a bowl of hot water until soft about 7-10 minutes. Drain and divide among serving bowls.
- Place the curry seitan ground, carrots, purple cabbage, broccolis and snow peas on the noodle.
- Pour the boiling broth over the seitan, vegetables and noodles. (Note: alternatively all the topping ingredients can be added into the broth for 1-2 minutes and pour over the noodles.)
- Add a squeeze of lime juice. Garnish with sliced red onion, red Fresno pepper, scallions and cilantro.
- ENJOY! 🙂