Teriyaki Veggie Burger
- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total: 20
2 Sweet Earth Teriyaki Veggie Burger
2 thick slices of sweet onion (sliced about ¼ inch thick)
2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
6 oz sliced portobello mushrooms
Kosher Salt and pepper
2 sprouted grain buns
1 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tbsp mayo, divided
2 decent sized pieces of leaf lettuce
2 tbsp BBQ sauce, divided (homemade or all natural is the best)
½ C micro greens, divided
- Prepare the Teriyaki Veggie Burger: Cook the burgers according to package directions. There are oven and skillet cooking options.
- Prepare the onions: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add the two onion slices and cook 35 minutes per side or until tender and golden.
- Prepare the mushrooms: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Saute until tender, 57 minutes.
- Prepare the buns: Drizzle the inside of each bun with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place in a toaster oven and toast until slightly browned.
- Assemble the burgers: Spread a small amount of mayo over the inside of the buns. Top the bottom buns with the leaf lettuce, the burger, the onion slice, mushrooms and drizzle with the BBQ sauce. Top with the microgreens and then the top bun.