Stuffed Squash with Quinoa, Cranberries and Savory Grounds
- Yield: 3
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total: 1 Hour
3 acorn squashes
1 10-oz package Sweet Earth Tuscan Savory Grounds
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ cup quinoa
1 ½ cups vegetable broth
½ red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup chopped parsley (plus additional for garnish)
¼ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 F and Split squashes in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds, exposing center cavity. Place in a large baking dish or pan, with cavity facing up. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the baking dish or pan.
- Drizzle squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil & Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375 F
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa with vegetable broth in a small pot with lid for 15 minutes. Mixture should be moist with some remaining broth in the pan, do not drain.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan and sauté onion and garlic for 7 minutes. Add oregano, basil, black pepper, Sweet Earth Tuscan Savory Grounds, parsley, walnuts, cranberries, lemon juice and cooked quinoa (with remaining broth) and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and fill each cavity with quinoa stuffing, packing it with a spoon and mounding it over the top.
- Place the stuffed squash back in the oven (do not cover with foil) and cook for an additional 15 minutes, until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, and filling is browned. Remove from oven and garnish with additional parsley.