Stuffed Peppers Soup
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total: 1 Hour
1 Pkg. Sweet Earth Barbecue Savory Grounds
1 green pepper; seeded, cleaned, and diced
1 red pepper; seeded, cleaned, and diced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 28-ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
1 and ¾ cups of tomato sauce **spaghetti sauce is typically used here**
2 cups vegetable broth
3 cups of cook brown rice
½ tsp marjoram
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, lightly oiled pot, brown the Sweet Earth Barbecue Savory Grounds on medium heat
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the peppers and garlic and cook for about five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, marjoram, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.