Spicy Thai Seitan Curry
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 4-ounce can or jar yellow curry paste
• 1 cup green peas
• 2 red chili peppers, sliced into thin strips
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
• 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4″ pieces
• 1 8oz. pkg Sweet Earth Traditional Seitan Strips
• 1 15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
• Chopped fresh basil and cilantro
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add peas, onion, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, seitan, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Divide curry among bowls and top with herbs. Serve with rice.