Seitan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total: 45 Minutes
• 2 8oz Pkgs. Sweet Earth Traditional Seitan Strips
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 6 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
• 1 large sweet onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons melted unrefined coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons Annie’s Vegan Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons cognac (or brandy)
• 3 tablespoons ketchup
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 cup crushed tomatoes
• 1½ cups pureed tofu
• Salt to taste
• Chopped chives to garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the seitan strips with the salt, garlic, the paprika and the flour until all the seitan is coated.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and the coconut oil and sauté the onion until translucent (about 2 minutes).
- Add the seitan and cook until browned on all sides (about 5 minutes).
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the cognac. Let the cognac cook for a few seconds and then set a match to it and allow the flames to subside on their own.
- Once the flames have gone out completely, add the mustard and the ketchup and cook for a minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the pureed tofu and let the stroganoff cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped chives to garnish and serve hot! ENJOY@! … with a special thanks to our friendly neighbor Denise Schneider for helping us make this recipe perfect for our fellow mankind 😉