Roasted Eggplant with Chipotle Seitan Grounds, Tomato, Garlic and Herbs.
- Yield: 2 - 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 to 1.5 Hours
- Total: 1.5 Hours
• 1 medium-large Eggplant
• 1 8oz. Pkg. Sweet Earth Chipotle Seitan Grounds (or Chipotle Savory Grounds)
• 2-3 large Tomatoes
• 1-2 large Garlic cloves
• Fresh Parsley
• Fresh Basil
• Olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the eggplant and pat dry with paper towel. Cut the eggplant into thin slices
- Brush each eggplant slice with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes into thin rings. Finely chop the garlic, parsley and basil leaves.
- Place the eggplant on a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Stuff eggplant slices with Seitan, tomato, garlic, parsley and basil. Drizzle with more oil.
- Bake for about one hour. If there is still liquid in the pan lower the oven temperature to 200 and bake 15 minutes longer or until all liquid has evaporated. Length of baking depends on the size of the eggplant. Just another way to enjoy Earth’s bounty 🙂