Roasted Corn & Poblano Chili with Chipotle Seitan
- Yield: 3 to 4 Entrees / 6 Sides
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
4 ears of fresh corn
1½ TBSP vegan butter (we like Earth Balance brand)
1½ TBSP olive oil
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 medium poblano chili
2 TBSP vegan butter for sautéing (we like Earth Balance brand)
2 tsp cumin seeds
½ medium size red onion, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce
4 oz Sweet Earth Chipotle Seitan Grounds or Chipotle Savory Grounds
6 radishes, trimmed and sliced into rounds
1½ TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
½ TBSP lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 tsp lime peel
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Coat the cobs of corn with vegan butter and olive oil and generously season them with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until the corn is golden brown, about 35-40 minutes. Turn the corn occasionally while it is cooking. Remove corn cobs and let it cool.
- Char poblano chili directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes (Alternatively, place the charred chili in a bowl, seal the top with plastic wrap and steam for 10 minutes). Meanwhile, using a small sharp knife, slice the corn off the cobs, turning the ear as you go. Set aside. Also peel, seed and coarsely chop poblano chili.
- Melt vegan butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, shake the skillet and toast about 1 minute. Add onion and sauté until soft about 3-4 minutes.
- Add roasted corn, oregano, chipotle chili, chopped poblano chili and chipotle seitan ground and sauté for 5 minutes. Add radishes, 1 TBSP cilantro, lime juice and lime peel and sauté for another 2 minutes until radishes are slightly softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with remaining ½ TBSP cilantro. Enjoy!