Pumpkin Pasta with Seitan Marinara
- Yield: Serves 8 - 10
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 - 3 Hours
- Total: 3 Hours
• 1 8 oz. Pkg of Sweet Earth Traditional Seitan Grounds (or Tuscan Savory Grounds)
• 3-4 cans of Crushed Tomatoes (either regular or with basil, oregano and garlic) 28 oz. sized cans OR 12-15 fresh tomatoes (peeled, chopped and blended in a food processor)
• 4 cloves of garlic
• A bunch of dried basil (probably 3-5 Tbsp)
• A bunch of black pepper ( probably 1 – 2 tsp)
• 2 cups of fresh pumpkin, chopped
• 1 tsp of maple syrup (optional)
• 2 TSBP olive oil
• Minced Green Peppers (optional)
• Pasta of choice
- Heat the olive oil in a 5+ qt. pot over medium heat, and add the seitan and the chopped or pressed garlic.
- Heat for one to two minutes, making sure not to burn the garlic, then add all the tomatoes, black pepper, basil and syrup. Stirring often, bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 hours stirring often.
- For the first half of the simmer time, do so with the pot uncovered, then cover.
- Add the chopped pumpkin stir in and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or so.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, prepared as directed.