Vegan Feast Pizza
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total: Under 1 Hour
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
- ½ medium red onion, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 TBSP + 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- ¾ tsp kosher salt, divided
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough (We used a bag of rested whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 5.6 oz vegan pesto paste (We used Amore Pesto Paste in a tube, 2 tubes)
- 3 leaves dinosaur kale, washed, dried, stem removed and thinly sliced
- 4 oz Sweet Earth Tuscan Savory GroundsTM
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Sprinkle of kosher salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes and more fresh sliced kale (optional)
- 1 tsp parsley, roughly chopped
Vegan Cashew “Ricotta Cheese”:
- 1½ cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked overnight (or for at least 4 hours), rinsed and drained
- ½ large yellow onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 TBSP olive oil (divided)
- ½ cup water
- 4 TBSP lemon juice, freshly squeezed (save the lemon zest for the pasta filling below)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, toss potato slices with 1 TBSP olive oil, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Evenly spread the potato slices on one of the baking sheets in a single layer and roast until soft (but no color) about 13-14 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- In the same bowl, toss zucchini slices with 1 TBSP olive oil, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Spread the zucchini slices on the other baking sheets in a single layer and roast until soft about 10-12 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- In the same bowl, toss red onion with 1 TBSP olive oil, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Spread the onion on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread the onion pieces in a single layer and roast until lightly soften about 10-12 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- For the cashew “ricotta cheese”: Heat 2 TBSP olive oil in a sauté pan. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium-low heat until golden and soft but not browned. Blend cashews, 2 TBSP olive oil, water, lemon juice, cooked onion and garlic mixture, salt and pepper in a high speed blender (such as Blendtec or Vitamix) until completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Check the dough instructions of the package. Cover kitchen countertop space with plastic wrap where you will work on the dough. Sprinkle some flour and place the dough. Using your hand, form a lip around the edges of the pizza. Stretch the dough into a round disc, rotating after each stretch. Place the dough onto a pizza pan, lined with parchment paper, or pizza stone.
- Spread pesto evenly onto the pizza. Spread 1 cup of cashew ricotta cheese on top of the pesto paste. In a small bowl, toss kale with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Distribute kale evenly over the top of the pizza.
- Distribute potatoes and zucchinis evenly over the top of kale. Evenly sprinkle Sweet Earth Tuscan Savory GroundsTM. Spread (12) 1TBSP dollops (total 3/4 cup) of cashew ricotta cheese evenly. Spread cherry tomato halves. Sprinkle some salt and drizzle with 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil.
- Brush the rim of the pizza with 1 TBSP olive oil. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Sprinkle red pepper flakes and fresh kale (optional) and parsley onto the pizza. Add extra dollops of cashew ricotta cheese if desired. Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!