Pappardelle Pasta w/ Seitan & Roasted Tomatoes
- Yield: Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total: 20 Minutes
2 qts. water
1/2 cup olive oil
1/8 cup diced shallots
1 Tbsp. diced garlic
1 package Sweet Earth Traditional Ground Seitan (or Sweet Earth Tuscan Savory Grounds)
1/4 cup white wine
1 14 oz can of roasted, diced tomatoes
1/2 lb. pappardelle pasta
salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
- Boil 2 qts. water. While boiling, heat 1/2 cup olive oil in large pan on medium for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/8 cup diced shallots, 1 Tbsp. diced garlic, and 1 package Sweet Earth Traditional Ground Seitan to pan and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup white wine.
- Pour 14 oz. roasted, diced tomatoes with juice into pan and cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp. of sea salt to boiling water. Then add 1/2 lb. pappardelle pasta. When cooked, drain and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with basil.
- ENJOY! 🙂