Vegan Spinach Lasagna w/ Tuscan Savory Grounds
- Yield: Serves 8 - 10
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total: 1 Hour
• ½ to 1 pound vegan lasagna noodles
• 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
• 1 (16-ounce) package firm tofu (not silken)
• 2 (10-ounce) packages Sweet Earth Tuscan Savory Grounds
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
• ¼ cup almond milk, or as needed
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 peeled garlic cloves
• Juice from ½ lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (about 20 leaves)
• 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
• 4 to 6 cups tomato or pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or use “no-boil” lasagna noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Squeeze as much water from spinach as possible and set aside. (If using fresh spinach, blanch first.)
- Place tofu, sugar (if using), milk, garlic powder, lemon juice, basil, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. The tofu “ricotta” should be creamy but still have body.
- Transfer to a large-size bowl, and stir in spinach. Continue tasting until you get amount of salt just right.
- Cover bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce, then a layer of noodles (use about one-third of noodles). Follow with half the tofu filling. Add one layer of Savory Grounds, using 1 full package. Continue in the same order, using half the remaining tomato sauce and noodles, and all remaining tofu filling and second package of Savory Grounds. End with remaining noodles, covered by remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until hot and bubbling. ENJOY!