Grilled Curry Seitan with Peanut Sauce
- Yield: Makes 3 loaded skewers.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total: 20 Minutes
1 pkg Sweet Earth Curry Satay Seitan
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. diced shallots
1 tsp. minced ginger
1 Tbsp. diced garlic
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. unrefined sugar
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup coconut milk
chopped cilantro for garnish
- Skewer pieces from 1 package Sweet Earth Curry Satay Seitan.
- Fire up the grill.
- Make peanut sauce: Heat large pan on medium, add 2 Tbsp. olive oil for 30 seconds, then sauté 1 Tbsp. diced shallots, 1 tsp. minced ginger, and
1 Tbsp. diced garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar, 1 Tbsp. lime juice, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and 1/4 cup water. Stir until peanut butter melts. – Add 1 tsp. salt, 2 Tbsp. unrefined sugar, and 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
– Mix 2 Tbsp. cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and slowly add it to sauce, constantly mixing.
– When sauce is thick, add 1/4 cup coconut milk slowly while stirring. Add chopped cilantro. Transfer to dipping bowl.
- Place skewers on grill. Seitan is pre-cooked, so simply heat. Dip in sauce and Enjoy!