Classic Vegan Chili
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total: 55 minutes
1 can black beans
1 can Red Beans
2 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 cup quinoa
2 tsp vegan Worcestershire
1 tsp liquid smoke
Follow Your Heart vegan sour cream (as desired)
1 large yellow bell pepper
1/2 white onion (diced)
1 cup avocado
1 large can organic crushed tomatoes
2-3 tbsp cilantro
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 package Sweet Earth Foods Savory Grounds or Seitan Grounds
1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan cheese
1 jalapeno (diced)
- In a pan heat garlic with olive oil and cook until fragrant.
- Add the onions, liquid smoke, Worcestershire, cumin and chili powder and cook till clear, then add the peppers, diced chilis in adobo sauce, spices. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Sweet Earth Savory Grounds. (cook for an additional 5)
- Rinse all of the beans to remove excess sodium and then throw them in a large pot on medium heat with the crushed tomatoes and precooked quinoa.
- Add the onions and peppers to the large pot. As everything begin to simmer add the cilantro to the pot. For the best flavor let simmer for a few hours.
- Serve top with white onion, fresh tomatoes, avocado, cheese, jalapeños and sour cream!