Benevolent Bacon™ Potato Skins
- Yield: 10
- Prep Time: 20 MInutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total: 40 Minutes
5 Yukon or Red Potatoes
2 Tablespoons corn, canned
2 Tablespoon black beans, canned
2 Tablespoons, diced roma tomato seeded (finely diced)
3 Tablespoons Diced Benevolent Bacon (Cooked)
1 Tablespoons green onion minced
1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional: Cheddar cheese
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F, Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside, leaving .5 inch left. Toss potato skins in 1 Tablespoon of oil, place onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Guacamole: Peel and mash 2 avocados in a medium serving bowl. Stir in onion, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. Season with remaining lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook Bacon: Lightly oil a skillet and bring to medium heat. Cook Benevolent Bacon for 2-3 minutes per side, turning only once. Remove from skillet and set aside to cool. Dice bacon when cooled
- Filing: In a bowl, mix together corn, black beans, tomato, benevolent bacon, green onion, cilantro. Set aside.
- Assembly: Place 1 tablespoon of guacamole in the half baked potato skin and top with filling. Makes 10 servings.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper or cheese if desired. Serve Immediately