Baked Zucchini Cups w/ Tuscan Seitan
- Yield: 2 servings (about 15 pieces)
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total: 20 Minutes
2 large zucchinis, sliced to 3/4-inch thick rounds (about 1 lb.)
3 oz Sweet Earth Tuscan Seitan ground
¼ cup whole wheat flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
½ TBSP Dijon mustard
2 cups Panko breadcrumb
3 TBSP olive oil
Chopped parsley for garnish
Marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, carefully scoop out flesh and seeds of the zucchini rings, leaving a ¼ inch thick shell around edges. Flesh and seeds can be saved for other use. Fill each zucchini “cup” with Tuscan Seitan ground and press it down to the top of the zucchinis.
- Set up an assembly line: flour and spices in one bowl, milk and Dijon mustard in another and breadcrumb in a plate.
- Dredge zucchini rounds in flour and shake the excess flour, dip into milk mixture, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat. Tip: Carefully handle the stuffed zucchini cups in upright position so the seitan filling stays.
- Place on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over each zucchini cup. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a side of marinara sauce. Or if you wish, serve the zucchini cups topped with marinara sauce and garnished with chopped parsley.