Baked Cannelloni with Italian Seitan Pasta Sauce
- Yield: Serves 6 - 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total: <2 Hours
- 3 8oz. Pkgs Sweet Earth Traditional Seitan Grounds (or Tuscan Savory Grounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups red wine
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 16oz. Pkg Cannelloni
- In a lightly oiled skillet, heat seitan over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until tender; add about 1/2 cup of wine; mix well.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary, oregano and thyme to skillet and add another 1/2 cup wine; saute until tender.
- Add seitan, tomato sauce and tomato paste to mixture; simmer for 1 hour and add the remaining 2 cups of wine.
- Simmer sauce on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a salted boil, prepare cannelloni as instructed on package; drain and add to a lightly oiled casserole dish.
- Add pasta sauce and stir.
- Top with Vegan cheese shreds (optional) and bake on 350 for 20 minutes.
- SERVE AND ENJOY!